By Sheila Dicks
Do you love shoes? If you’re like most women you probably do and most likely you have lots of them -sandals, sneakers, loafers, boots, pumps etc. North American women have an average of thirty pairs of shoes and buy 6 pairs a year. So, if you have lots of shoes, the question is, “Do you have all the shoes you need”?
To help you with that here is a list of shoes that are perfect shoes for every occasion:
1. Pumps: If you dress professionally, you’ll need a couple of pairs of leather pumps in neutral colors. Pumps are perfect for skirts, suits and pants. You will always look appropriate and stylish when you wear pumps. Having more than one pair gives you a choice, a chance to let your shoes breathe and an extra pair when one needs repairs.
2. Knee-high Boots: You’ll need a pair of long boots to wear with skirts and suits during the cold months. Fashion boots are also great to wear with jeans and gauchos.
3. Summer Pumps: Since sandals are not appropriate for business settings, during the summer months opt for open-toe pumps or slingbacks in a light colors such as tan, grey or beige. Slingbacks look great worn with pants, skirts and suits.
4. Strappy Sandals: You’ll need at least one pair to wear with formal and semi-formal attire.
5. Casual Sandals: Low heel sandals, flip flops or espadrilles in a pastel colors are great for the beach and casual occasions.
6. Casual Shoes: One pair of neutral colored casual shoes such as loafers or clogs for weekends.
7. Active Footwear: If you exercise you’ll need athletic shoes that are not only durable but are attractive. If you spend much time walking outdoors, in all kinds of weather, you’ll also need a pair of galoshes.
Take your shoe inventory to find out if there are any gaps, then fill the gaps and organize the shoes to know exactly what you have feet that are appropriately dressed. To all shoe lovers out there – happy shopping.
©Copyright 2007 Sheila Dicks
Sheila Dicks is an Wardrobe and Image consultant who helps men and women reach their full potential and gain greater self-confidence by learning how to be better dressers. You can find her at http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com, http://www.mensfashion101.com and http://www.sheiladicks.com
Article Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?Do-You-Have-All-The-Shoes-You-Need?&id=418018